Thursday, May 24, 2007

NO MORE EASYHDTV!

That's it guys. It's been a fun ride. I started this blog because I had so much information in my head, and a lot of friends came to me for information on HDTV's. I wanted to get it all out of my head and into a hard format, and this has been accomplished, although given more time, there are still some areas I would polish up.

I gave the full time thing a go, and it was fun. A lot of work, research and writing. Unfortunately, despite a reasonable amount of subscribers and traffic, it isn't quite enough to take on full time. At the end of the day, the numbers don't add up and I need to get back on the gravy train.

Thanks to everyone for their support, especially the visitors from San Diego who have been a part of the Blog since day one. If there is enough demand, I wouldn't be against revisiting things, but for now, people just come, get what they need and bounce with no participation, comments or acknowledment. This doesn't translate well for a sites long term success, and doesn't much warrant the 6-14hrs a day needed to maintain the site. I will leave the blog up for reference as there is a lot of useful information for newcomers to the technology, and search engines have a lot of my pages indexed already. So for now, thank you all very much and farewell.

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a shame. The only non-biased site where I got my PS3 info. Now there are none. The reason you got no responses is because you left no room for people to be immature. It's a shameto see it go.

TriniMan said...

Wow. Thanks for the kind comment. If you ever have any questions or want my opinion on anything feel free to post here, I'd be happy to answer. I already miss working on the site, but just can't afford to spend all this time working on it with little pay off. 100,000 visitors a month = able to do it full time. But right now, I'm looking at 10-20,000 a month max. If there's enough demand, I will definitely be back. Thanks again!

Unknown said...

Say it ain't so, I love this site! Come back soon!

Unknown said...

Say it ain't so! Come back soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, seems cool.

Joe joestain13@yahoo.com

Counter Trey said...

Thank you

Anonymous said...

Very well done, will keep coming back as I build my A/V empire.

Mike Winn said...

Looks like I found your site on your last day of "Full time" devotion to it. Anway thanks for all the valuable info. I am in the beginning stages of my research for an LCD HDTV and this site rocks! Best of luck.

TriniMan said...

Thank you all for the kind words. Much has changed in the A/V world since I stopped blogging on this site. If you have specific questions, please feel free to ask away and I'll do my best to answer appropriately. Thanks again.

Unknown said...

Your blog is excellent. I'm sorry you couldn't continue it, but I'm sympathetic to your reasons.

I have a question. I'm considering the Panasonic TC-L37G1 ($1,100) and the Samsung LN37B650 ($1,300).I've heard that many TVs now feature 10-bit color, but how can one tell? I haven't seen this capability advertised or listed in the specifications. I'm also uncertain if they use HDMI 1.3 or 1.2.

Maybe it's not possible to get 10-bit color in this price range?

Many thanks!

Stevio said...

You helped me understand refresh and response rates...I'll look good for my girlfriend whom I'm researching about HD TVs for. Now I can buy that Samsung 32" LCD HD TV with confidence. Sad that this blog is no long active.