Thursday, March 1, 2007

SHARP AQUOS D92U SPECS ARE HERE

I've been in contact with Sharp USA about the upcoming D92U series. As I've mentioned before, this was the best display screen I saw at CES 2007. The only thing better was the $32,000 Sony 70" XBR, so we won't count that! I've had hundreds of hits requesting info on the D92U series alone, so if you want it, leave a post with your email address and I'll get it to you.

The D92U should be trickling into retail stores around April, available in 42",46" and 52" sizes. But as a side note, Sharp have not demo'd this display with film, or animation based material yet, so we really will have to wait for a review on this, but as it stands the demo material was jaw-dropping, this could be the one to beat!

Update: Here are some pics I took off the D92U 46" and 52" at CES 2007 in Las Vegas. If you want a high res image of it, free subscribers, shoot me an email and I'll get it to you.

Update 3/9/2007: It has been confirmed that banding is still an issue on this Aquos series. Looks like Sharp are neither listening to consumer feedback nor learning from their mistakes on older models. If you can put up with the banding or if it just doesn't bother you like it does to purists, this still makes for a great LCD performer. But I would wait for them to drop the premium pricing.



back to main

2 Comments:

DHF said...

So what is the color bit depth on this new Sharp model (either LC-60C46U or LC-46D62U)? I looked at the Sharp web site, but I couldn't find it.

DavidHFerris1@aol.com

TriniMan said...

David, thanks for the comment. HDMI 1.3 was not confirmed on the specs, but the banding suggests that there is no HDMI 1.3 and color depth is limited to the current standard of 24-bit (17 Million colors). Please reply to the email confirmation and I'll shoot you over the specs sheet.