Saturday, February 10, 2007

CLEANING YOUR HDTV SCREEN

I read a blog recently saying that you should use a certain mix of solution to clean LCD screens. You should NOT use any solution to clean an HDTV unless absolutely necessary. You actually shouldn't use just any cloth material either as the plastic or glass can get minute scratches or blemishes. You should use specific display cleaning clothes, they are made out of the same material as the cleaning cloth your get when you buy reading glasses (microfiber).

Some suggest that a 50% isopropyl alcohol and 50% distilled water mixture should be sprayed onto the cloth (never directly onto the screen!!!). But even this is not suggested unless the screen is just caked with dirt and residue, and the microfiber isn't cutting it. If you clean the screen once a week with a microfiber cloth, you won't need solution. Unless that is, you tried to throw your mother-in-law's dessert offering out the window and missed.

In any case, never, ever press hard when cleaning LCD screens!!!

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

I think I have ruined the screen on our big screen tv. It is a samsung and it has smucges all over it, How can I remove them without ruining the screen completely. I used an electronic cleaner and also water. Shouldn't have used eith , I assume. Please give me an answer if you have one. thank you,

carol puckett

cp44857@aol.com